Steak salad is the perfect entrée for a hot summer evening! We’re excited to have our Lone Mountain Wagyu Top Sirloin Baseball Steaks back… this tender, lean cut is especially great to marinade. Our chipotle dressing brings a smoky zing that balances the crisp fresh vegetables and grilled corn.
This Top Sirloin recipe was developed with the steak done in the skillet, but would also be great grilled! We like to serve this salad with a crusty baguette and a chilled Rosé.
Image courtesy of Bess' Bistro
Prep + Cook time: 1.5 hours
- 2 Fullblood Lone Mountain Wagyu Top Sirloin steaks
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- Kosher sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 large head of romaine lettuce
- 1 medium orange, yellow, or red bell pepper
- ½ large red onion thinly sliced
- 1 ear fresh corn
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chipotle hot pepper sauce
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Rub cumin, cayenne, paprika, salt, pepper, and garlic on both sides of steak. Place steak in large zip lock bag. Pour oil over steak, close bag, and massage rub into meat. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Remove steak from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature for about 30 minutes before grilling.