A good meat sauce is hard to beat. A Wagyu Ground Beef spin on a classic Italian Bolognese sauce recipe is out of this world. This recipe, created by Ann at Sumptuous Spoonfuls, uses only our Ground Wagyu Beef as its meat ingredient. The flavors of our Wagyu permeate the sauce for a rich and savory dish that promises to satisfy.
Wagyu Bolognese Sauce
Serves 4. Recipe by Sumptuous Spoonfuls. See the original post here.
- 1 pound Lone Mountain Wagyu Ground Beef
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and shredded
- ½ large red onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 six-ounce can tomato paste
- ¾ cup dry red wine
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 16-ounce can chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup half and half
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, chopped
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Chop vegetables and herbs as listed above
- Heat a large saucepan or soup pot over medium heat and add butter and olive oil. Add carrots, onion, and garlic and sauté for 3-5 minuts.
- Move the vegetables to the outside edges of the pan, creating a spot in the center for the meat. Add Wagyu and cook until its browned, stirring as it cooks to break it up into small bits.
- Add tomato paste, wine, Worcestershire Sauce, and canned tomatoes, combining well with other ingredients. Let cook for a minute or so before adding the half & half, salt, pepper, and herbs. Mix well.
- Cover the sauce, reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for at least 30 minutes, up to 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over cooked pasta of your choice. Top with parmigiano reggiano (optional)