Looking to upgrade Taco Tuesday? Then try this recipe for Wagyu Ground Beef Tacos. Our Ground Wagyu Beef’s amazing marbling and delicious, rich flavor make these some of the best tacos in the world.
Now, some might say that using such a highly-rated meat for tacos is just a waste of good beef. However, when you use Wagyu beef in your tacos, you're taking this from a simple, easy dinner to something extraordinary.
Make sure to have all of your ingredients and tools available before you start cooking. In addition to the ingredients listed below, you'll need a skillet, a utensil to stir the meat, and something to strain the meat with. Overall, the prep time is approximately 5 to 10 minutes and cooking time for this taco recipe is about 20-25 minutes.
Image via Flickr by Luca Nebuloni
For Taco Meat
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound Lone Mountain Wagyu Ground Wagyu Beef
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
For Taco and Toppings
- Taco shells or tortillas
- Shredded cheese
- Sour Cream
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Any other favorite toppings
- Turn your burner to medium heat. In a large skillet, add the canola oil and chopped onion. Cook until the onion is softened, stirring often, about four to five minutes.
- Add the Ground Wagyu Beef. As the beef cooks, break it into small chunks. Cook all the way through, about five minutes.
- Drain the grease from the meat.
- With the meat still in the skillet, return the skillet to the heat.
- Stir in garlic, chili powder, cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper. Cook for about 30 seconds. Add tomato sauce
- Turn the heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Take off heat and serve in taco shells or tortillas with your choice of toppings.
One of the best things about this taco recipe is that it is extremely versatile. You can make tacos per the instructions above, or you can get a little creative. Put your meat mixture and taco toppings over rice for a taco casserole. Or you could use the mixture on top of chips for delicious nachos.
Whether you're hosting a Super Bowl party or entertaining friends and family for the evening, Wagyu beef tacos are a great way to show off your style and tastes. Using the highest-quality beef, you get the best tasting meals. Even with something as simple as tacos, you can make your food as sophisticated as you.