Bring a flavorful twist to your Thanksgiving table with a Wagyu twist on traditional stuffing! Our Wagyu Beef Sausage Links "undone" offer a rich and juicy flavor that is marked by a slight sweetness of the cornbread for a stuffing that is out. of. this. world.
Cornbread Stuffing with Wagyu Beef Sausage Recipe
For the cornbread
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
For the Stuffing
- 2 Lone Mountain Wagyu Beef Sausage Links
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Place a 9-inch cast iron skillet in the oven while preheating.
2. Meanwhile, sift cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda into a medium bowl. In a separate small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, milk and eggs. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined. A few lumps are ok.
3. Carefully pour the melted butter into hot skillet and then pour batter into skillet. Bake until a toothpick inserted into center of the bread comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
4. Turn the cornbread out on a cooling rack to let cool, then cut into ½ inch cubes.
5. Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
6. Remove casings from sausages. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Melt butter in skillet then add the sausage meat and cook, breaking sausage into small pieces with a wood spoon, until browned, about 5 minutes.
7. Transfer to a bowl. Return skillet to medium heat and add onion, celery and garlic and cook until beginning to brown.
8. Add cornbread, sausage, parsley, thyme and chicken stock stir until well combined. Transfer stuffing mixture to a medium baking dish and cover with foil.
9. Bake until heated through, about 25 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake until lightly browned and crisp on top.