Say hello to THE recipe for your holidays. Our Wagyu English Roast is a beefy, delicious star for your Christmas table. The incredible flavor and silkiness of the beef is magnified by the delicate au jus, creating a robust roast to build your meal around.
Holiday Wagyu English Roast Recipe
- 1 3-pound Lone Mountain Wagyu English Roast
- 2 tablespoons room temperature butter
- 6-8 fresh sage leaves, minced
- 1 tablespoon rosemary needles, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Generous sprinkling of salt
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken or beef stock
1. Heat the oven to 500°F.
2. Mix together the room temperature butter, sage, rosemary, and pepper.
3. Lightly pat the roast dry with paper towels and place the roast in a shallow roasting dish. Rub the butter mixture evenly all over the roast. Season generously with salt.
4. Place in the oven for 20 minutes, then turn the oven down to 200°F and roast for 2 hours. The roast will come out to a rosy medium rare.
5. Remove the roast from the oven.
6. Pour the excess fat from the roasting tray into a heat proof container and set aside. Lightly scrape any loose remaining pan drippings from roasting tray into a small saucepan and add 2 tablespoons of reserved beef fat. Add chopped celery, shallots, and crushed garlic and cook until soft but not brown. Add flour and continue cooking until flour disappears and becomes a light roux. Add stock, reduce by half or until thickened to your liking. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Slice the roast according to your thickness preference and serve with au jus. Enjoy!