Holidays are here! Which means so is the entertaining. This recipe for mini quiches starring our Wagyu Beef Sausage Links are the perfect bite for your next fête.
Mini Sausage, Spinach and Feta Quiche Recipe
Makes 24. This recipe can easily be doubled.
- 2 Lone Mountain Wagyu Beef Sausage Links
- 1 pound frozen prepared pie dough
- ¼ cup thawed frozen spinach
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup finely crumbled feta cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Using a 2 ½-inch round cookie cutter, punch out 24 pastry circles. Set aside to let defrost while you prepare the other ingredients.
2. Remove sausage from casings. Heat a small skillet over medium heat and cook sausage meat, breaking sausage into small pieces with a wood spoon, until just beginning to brown, about 5 minutes.
3. Remove sausage to a cutting board and finely chop. Set aside.
4. Squeeze as much liquid from spinach as possible then finely chop. Set aside.
5. Beat eggs, heavy cream, salt and pepper together in a medium bowl until frothy and homogenous. Transfer egg mixture to a measuring cup with a pour spout.
6. You can use two 12-cup mini muffin pans or one 24-cup pan. Note, if using a 24 cup pan, the quiches in the middle of the pan may need more time to brown compared to the ones around edges. Line each bowl of the pan with the pastry circles, carefully tucking dough down into the edges. Put heaping ¼ teaspoon of sausage, spinach, and feta into each pastry base, then pour in enough egg mixture to cover. Bake until lightly browned on top, 22-25 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.