Seared Sous Vide Top Sirloin Steak
Recipe by Leo & Jen Vladimirsky
Ever wonder what else you can make with your Sous Vide? Here’s another super simple yet absolutely delicious recipe made with our Top Sirloin Steaks.
- 2 Lone Mountain Wagyu Top Sirloin Steak
- Sea Salt
- Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- Vacuum Bag/Ziploc Water Seal
- High Quality Butter or other high heat oil like Sunflower Oil
- Sous Vide Machine
- Heat Sous Vide to 124 degrees
- Pat steaks dry on both sides
- Season steaks liberally with Sea Salt and Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- Put steaks in bag and immerse in bath
- Cook steaks for 75 minutes
- Remove from bath and pat dry again
- Slice thinly against the grain (very important step!)
- Heat high heat oil very hot in cast iron or stainless skillet. Then add butter.
- Place 5 slices down sequentially and as soon as you’ve placed the last one down, flip the first one and work your way to the last one
- The trick is to not cook the steak more but just to sear
Enjoy with your favorite sauce, salad and wine!