Recipe from Alex Thomopoulos and makes 10-12 servings.
If you're looking for something delicious, classy, and fun to serve at your next party, look no further. Mini Wagyu beef and sweet potato waffle fry sliders are easy to make and fun to eat. Plus, when you use Wagyu beef, you're giving your guests the best cut of meat possible.
Finger foods like these sliders are fun for Super Bowl parties, birthday parties, and more.
This recipe can be easily customized to fit your particular tastes. Using Wagyu beef allows you to get the best flavors possible. While the recipe below calls for ALEXIA sweet potato fries, you can use your favorite brand — just make sure they're waffle fries, since they will be used in exchange for traditional hamburger patties. You can use your favorite cheese in exchange for goat cheese, however, the goat cheese helps enhance the flavor of the beef. When seasoning your patties, you can add other seasonings, as well.
When getting ready to make this recipe, make sure you have everything on hand. In addition to the ingredients listed below, you'll need:
- a place to set the patties before you cook them (a plate or baking sheet works well for this)
- a cookie sheet or baking sheet for the waffle fries
- a mixing bowl and mixing utensil for the sauce
- a knife or cheese cutter
- a grill pan
- a place to set the patties after you cook them (this should not be the same surface you used before they were cooked)
- 1 pound Lone Mountain Wagyu ground beef
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1 bag of ALEXIA Seasoned Sweet Potato Waffle Fries or other sweet potato waffle fries
- 1 small log of goat cheese (about 5-6 oz)
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 4-5 cornichon pickles or 1 dill pickle (finely diced)
- 1 small shallot, finely diced
- 1/2 cup wild arugula
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees or the specified heat on your sweet potato waffle fries.
- Divide the Wagyu beef into one-ounce patties. This recipe makes approximately 10-12 sliders.
- Season both sides of each patty with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Open fries and spread them on a cookie sheet or sheet pan. Bake according to package instructions
- Turn on a stove burner to medium-high heat. Set a grill pan on the heat for 5-10 minutes to heat it up.
- Combine mayonnaise, sriracha, ketchup, pickles, and shallots in a bowl. Mix and set aside.
- Grill patties approximately two minutes on one side, then flip the burger. Add cheese and grill for about a minute. Set burgers aside as they are done.
- Build your burgers by taking one waffle fry and top it with a patty. Pour some sauce on the burger and add arugula. Place a waffle fry on top. Keep burgers together with a toothpick down the center.
This recipe is simple and quick to make but will leave a huge impression with your guests. The flavors of the sliders come together in a way you simply wouldn't expect. Add a little bit of high-class to your Super Bowl party or next get-together with friends. Don't forget to make enough for everyone, because these are sure to be a hit.