Our general approach to preparing our Wagyu is simple - a touch of salt and pepper and that's it. But sometimes the mood to get a little more creative in the kitchen strikes...
This elegant red wine sauce permeates the already tender Ribeye, bringing a light sweetness to the rich steak.The sauce is easy to make, adding a gourmet flair that can be whipped up in a flash.
Lone Mountain Wagyu Grilled Ribeye Steaks with Red Wine Glaze
- 1 Lone Mountain Wagyu 16oz Boneless Ribeye Steak
- 1.5 tsp butter
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 handful fresh flat leaf parsley or rosemary, chopped for garnish
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Season steak generously with sea salt and pepper. Grill on each side for 4 minutes, transfer to a cutting board and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat ½ a teaspoon of butter in a skillet. Add shallots and cook over medium heat until slightly browned and tender. Add wine to skillet and de-glaze the pan. Scrape up all the bits from the bottom of the pan, add the remaining butter, and allow the sauce to simmer for a few minutes.
- To serve, slice thin pieces of steak across the grain and spoon sauce on top of meat. Sprinkle a pinch of parsley or rosemary over the plate.