The earthy richness of our 100% Fullblood Wagyu Ribeye is the ideal companion for the crunchy, salty fries in this French classic. This Steak Frites recipe is simply très délicieux.
LONE MOUNTAIN WAGYU STEAK FRITES WITH HERB BUTTER
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves, chopped
- Kosher salt to taste2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 4 large Russet Potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 quarts canola oil
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 or 2 16 oz Lone Mountain 100% Fullblood Wagyu Ribeye Steaks (depending on if you want to share or each have your own!)
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- In small mixing bowl, mix together the butter, herbs, and vinegar. Salt to taste. Lay out a sheet of plastic wrap and put the butter in the center. Wrap the plastic around the butter and form into a log about 2 inches in diameter. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Wash and peel the potatoes, then cut them into sticks 4 to 5 inches long and about 1/4 inch thick. Rinse the potatoes in plenty of cold water until all of the excess starch has been washed away. Then drain on paper towels.
- In a large pot or deep fryer, heat canola oil to 320°F. Working in batches, fry the potatoes for 4 to 5 minutes or unit they just start turning a very light golden color. Drain the potatoes on paper towels while you finish the rest. To finish the fries, raise the heat of the oil to 375° F. Working in batches again, fry the potatoes for another 2 to 3 minutes until deep golden brown and crispy. Drain on paper towels and season with salt, pepper, and chopped parsley.
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat. Season the steaks liberally with salt and pepper. Grill steaks for 3 to 4 minutes per side or to desired doneness (we always recommend serving our Wagyu medium-rare). Once the steaks are cooked to your liking, transfer to a warm platter and let rest for a few minutes.
- Place a couple of thin slices of the herb butter on each steak to slowly melt. Pile on a large portion of the fried potatoes and serve.