Beer has long been used as an ideal broth for slow cooked meats. One bite of this Chuck Roast and it's clear why. Our well-marbled roast soaks up the liquid and dense flavor of the Guinness, creating a rich and incredibly tender dish.
Guinness-Braised Wagyu Chuck Roast
Prep + Cook time: 3 hours
- 1 Lone Mountain Wagyu Chuck Roast (3-4 lbs)
- 16 ounces of Guinness Stout
- 2 Tablespoons celery salt
- 2 large onions, coarsely chopped
- 3 large carrots, peeled and diced into chunks
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Pour Guinness into bowl and set aside. Rub roast with salt and pepper.
In a deep cast iron skillet over medium-high heat sear roast on each side until browned. Turn off heat. Add chopped onions and garlic to pan. Add stock and Worcestershire sauce. Roast covered in preheated oven for 1 hour.
Reduce heat to 350 degrees. Add the Guinness. The liquid should cover half of the roast.
Roast covered for 2 more hours, checking liquid level occasionally and adding water if needed. Add carrot chunks during last 45 minutes. After 3 hours, the roast should be fork-tender. Transfer roast onto a warm platter and wow your guests!