A grilled twist on this traditional Spanish one pot dish. Slightly smoky, not spicy, and absolutely delicious.
Grilled Paella Recipe with Lone Mountain Wagyu Beef Sausage
- 1 package of Lone Mountain Wagyu 100% Fullblood Wagyu Beef Sausage Links
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1.5 cups Bomba (Paella) rice
- 2 tsps smoked Spanish paprika
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Heat grill to medium-high. If you're using coals, you will need a good amount so that you can create an even bed of embers across the bottom of your grill.
- Remove sausages from casings and set meat aside.
- Cut tomatoes in half, horizontally (not through the stems). Grate the cut sides of tomatoes using the large holes of a box grater, leaving the skins behind. Discard skins and transfer tomato pulp to a bowl and set aside.
- If using coals, spread to an even layer. Set the grate on the grill and heat the clean, dry paella pan (large skillet) for 5 minutes.
- Add oil to pan and swirl to coat the bottom. Add onions, green bell pepper, and garlic. Cook while stirring until beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. While you are cooking, try to keep the lid closed as much as possible to retain the heat.
- Add the sausage meat and cook, breaking up the sausage with the back of a kitchen spoon until no longer pink, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the grated tomato and cook until tomato liquid thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and paprika and stir until well combined.
- Pour 3.5 cups of the stock over the rice and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the rice and sausage out to an even layer. At this point, resist the urge to stir. cover the grill and bring liquid to a boil. Then continue to cook (remember don't stir!) with the lid off, until the rice is just cooked through, about 15 minutes. Add a little bit of stock along the way if the pan gets too dry before the rice is cooked.
- Arrange the red bell peppers and frozen peas, cover the grill and continue to cook for 5 more minutes.